WELCOME TO A GEM OF A PARADISE
Welcome to a gem of a paradise
Day 01 - Arrival / Negombo
Welcome to the sunny island of Sri Lanka. Relax in the basking sun and enjoy the natural fruit drinks including a King Coconut – usually called “Thambili”
Day 02 – Negombo (City Tour) / Pinnawala / Sigiriya
Negombo which is located just 30 minutes away from the airport is a small fishing village which is locally called “Little Rome”.
- Boat Ride in the Canal
- BBQ with your favorite variety of fish
- Visit the famous Negombo Fish Market
- Visit the oldest catholic church – St. Mary’s Church
Proceed to Pinnawala. See the majestic Elephants bathe in all their glory, and experience the typical village life and food. Sigiriya, known to be the 8th Wonder of the world. The gigantic Rock built by King Kashyapa, and Fresco Paintings on rocks which are classified as masterpieces, speak volumes of ancient history.
- Visiting Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. See orphaned Elephants enjoying their true freedom, and the baby Elephants rolling and playing in the waters with their mothers beside them.
- Proceed to Sigiriya to experience the 8th Wonder of the world.
Day 03 - Sigiriya / Polonnaruwa / Sigiriya
What better way than to start the day by climbing the Sigiriya Rock Fortress in the morning. Enjoy the magnificent view from the top of the rock. Sigiriya has been declared as a world heritage site for its Frescoes and Water Garden. Continue the journey to one of the ancient capitals of Sri Lanka – Polonnaruwa. See the beautiful ancient Ruins, enormous Dagobas, Statues, Tombs and Stupas that were built by the ancient Kings. To date these attractions have been preserved and maintained due to its religious and cultural values.
- Climb Sigiriya Rock Fortress in the morning
- Enjoy a Village Tour
- See gigantic ancient Statues, Stupas Tombs of Polonnaruwa in the afternoon
- Visit the historical Parks
- Return to Sigiriya for the night.
Day 04: Anuradhapura / Habarana / Minneriya
Anuradhapura was once the capital city of the North Central Province. This village consists of many ancient Ruins and Structures of high Architectural value. Among them are Temples, Pools and other places of interest that were built by the Sinhalese Kings that stand today as the test of time. Enjoy a breathtaking Jeep Safari in Habarana. This village has many high class tourist Hotels, Bungalows and Restaurants, which are very eco friendly. They have all been built for the beneficial aspect of natural environment. Watch the magnificent view of hundreds of Elephants who come to the Minneriya Tank to quench their thirst.
- See the beauty of Architecture in Anuradhapura
- Enjoy a Jeep Safari in Habarana
- Look at the naturally built Hotels & Restaurants which are eco friendly.
- Breathtaking view of Elephants in herds at Minneriya Tank.
Day 05: Kandy / Dambulla
Leave for Kandy the most sacred city. Kandy is inundated with plush Hotels, Restaurants and Bungalows. Visit the Dambulla Cave Temple which is a historical and world heritage site. See for yourself the streak of water that travels in upward trend in the Dambulla Rock which again is a world heritage site. Visit the Dambulla Spice Garden. The intake of Spices in any Sri Lankan Family is high. The Spice Garden has a splendid variety of spices for you to choose from. The aroma of these spices warrants you to enjoy a Sri Lankan Rice & Curry meal.
- Enjoy the scenic beauty of Kandy
- Climb the Dambulla Rock
- Experience the amazing view from the Dambulla Rock
- Visit the Dambulla Spice Garden
Day 06: Kandy / Peradeniya
Kandy the most sacred city is where the Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha is enshrined. People from all walks of life pay homage at this shrine especially Buddhist people. The Kandy Lake borders this temple and it is a beautiful site any time of the day with its beautiful fish. Visit the famous Peradeniya Botanical Gardens. This Garden is noted for its rich collection of tropical woody plants. The Garden attracts approximately 2 million visitors annually.
- Visit the Dalada Maligawa Temple
- Take a stroll in the Peradeniya Botanical Gardens
- Do Shopping in Kandy for Spectacular Gems, Intricate Wood Carvings, Batiks & Souvenirs.
Day 07: Nuwara Eliya
Head towards the cool misty hills of Nuwara Eliya. Surrounded by misty mountains, this town is also called “Little England”. The richest Tea comes from Nuwara Eliya, and is exported to many countries in the world. It is also blessed with Tea Factories and plantation of acres and acres of freshly grown Tea.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenic beauty of up county hills and mountains
- Visit the Tea Factory and watch its Tea Production Process
- Enjoy a City Tour
Day 08: Horton Plains / Nuwara Eliya
Horton Plains is widely known to be the coldest and windiest location in Sri Lanka. It consists of many Eco Systems and Ever Green Forests and Aquatic Eco Systems. This location is 2100 meters above sea level and consists of a large no of endemic Fauna & Flora, and is also declared as a World Heritage Site. Relax in the cool comfort of Nuwara Eliya and laze around watching its natural beauty.
- Visit the Lovers Leap at Horton Plains
- Enjoy the beauty of the plains
- Relax in Nuwara Eliya enjoying the cool misty mountains
Day 09: Ella
It is a small town in the misty hills of the up country, covered with mist. It has an elevation of about 1041 meters above sea level, which overlooks misty mountains, tea estates and a far wide distance. In the recent past, Ella has been designated as a major tourist destination like Arugam Bay. Life in this location begins at night and ends at day. Ella, is popularly known to have action packed activities entangled with nature. The variety of food and drinks served in this location is endless.
- Enjoy the thrilling Train Ride
- See the Picturesque scenic beauty
- Experience the different cultures it has to offer
- See the possibilities of the new explorations it has.
Day 10: Yala / Galle
It is the most patronized and renowned second largest natural park in Sri Lanka. This Park is a strict conservative park for its majestic Elephants, Birds, Reptiles, and more importantly for Leopards. A Jeep Safari in this Park is truly a memorable activity. Thereafter you will be heading to Galle in the evening. Galle a UNESCO world heritage site speaks volumes of its history and culture. These memories will always stay in your hearts.
- Enjoy a Jeep Safari at the Yala National Park
- Be in the environment of the Wild Jungles and its Animals
- Watch the glowing sunset at Galle Beach
- Gather knowledge of its historical architecture and its culture.
Day 11 / 12 / 13: Galle
Enjoy a Beach Stay in the sprawling beaches of Galle. The Galle Fort has been acclaimed as a World Heritage Site. It also has a rich history dating back to the ancient times. Galle known for some of the best Hotels, Restaurants serve exotic spice food for both locals and foreigners.
- Visit the Madhu River and enjoy an enthralling Boat Ride
- See a fascinating Turtle Farm and its Hatcheries
- Experience the many Water Sports Activities
Day 14: Galle Departure
Having enjoyed a typical Sri Lankan Holiday in Galle, you will now proceed to departure and en route back to Colombo. Should you have free time on your hands in Colombo, make a quick visit to the Shopping Malls for a last minute shopping spree, and gourmandize rich Sri Lankan Street Food which is available in abundance.